The Bio thus far...

My photo
This blog is intended for everyday people who want to grow in their Faith with Jesus.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Reflections on Church

What is Church?

I mean, if you had to write out a definition of "church" what would it be? I have had the priviledge to be involved in the church my whole life...but because of that I have seen the things that keep people out of it.

Fights. Judgemental attitudes. Sarcasm. Lack of love. Hypocrisy.

I have seen it, been hurt by it, done it, done it again, condemned it, done it again...

But what troubles me now, is that we as the Church have gotten so far away from the love of Christ, and have become so enbittered by the world, that we have lost our God-given call to be warriors for Christ. We have pimped ourselves to the world, only to find that our bodies have become stained and scared by what we thought would pay off.

I am a sinner, I although I try to be better daily, and I try to fall madly in love with Jesus...I fail. I want to bleed, Jesus. I want to be used by Him, I want to draw people to Him...I want big things. But what I have found over the past few years is that only when we allow ourselves to be drawn to Christ, Himself will we be able to draw men to Him.

We will not have a church that meets needs of people. We wont have a church that is missional. We wont have a church that allows Christ to change and transform lives. We will have just dusty buildings that people strive to stay away from. Not because they dont think that God is good, but because they see us as so bad.

God change our hearts...

Dreaming,
Adam